Go Back   Harley-Davidson Forum > Questions & Answers > Performance

Notices

Performance Performance related posts.

113 build
Old 02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
the_godfather1375

Default 113 build

Hey there Mike. i had a 113 installed on my 07 Dyna. The cam i used was a tw 400-7 gear drive. I used baisley Pro street heads. With 10.5 compression. I am using the zippers upgrade A/C kit, and a SE 50mm TB. My TQ numbers are not what i want them to be. I am using A SE Super Tuner,and Bassani Road Rage 2 into 1 exhaust. What can i do to get my numbers higher. I am looking to get around 130hp and evn more torque!!!! Everyones Dream! Ive beefed up to roller rockers, and forged supports. Even installed all fueling race components. Please show me the light! Did i choose the wrong cam? Torque is my main concern( the more the better!) Thanks alot bud

Old 02-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Administrator

let me start by saying your build is good and any following sugestions are based only on how we would have approached a new build with a customer. It is not intended to be a criticism of your build.

Our cam chice would have been the 408 or 9B. Bigger motors require more duration. The pipe would have been the D&D Boarzilla. I like the Road Rage touring pipe because it is stepped and of similar design to the D&D. The Road Rage Dyna and Softail systems, however, are not stepped and simply may not have the total volume required for 113ci motors, especially with ported heads. We would recommend having the 50mm t-body ported by Baisley. The Fueling race parts can actually hurt hp/tq because it can take more energy to turn the pump.

Tuning may also play a part. The igntion tables can often be ramped up pretty good while tuning, which can increase tq substantially (assuming fuel is correct). But, with 9.6 corrected pressure (10.5compression/400 cam) could mean the timing is fairly retarted to prevent detonation. You have not given the numbers you produced, but if they are SAE 4th gear runs, they will show 4-8 less than STD 5th gear runs by comparison. Last, 6 speed equiped bike and 07L (06L Dyna's) will show 4-6 hp/tq less than 5speed models due to drivetrain losses, added mass and ratios. We would normally predict 120-125hp/tq for a 6speed 113 with Prostreet heads. For perspective, our magazine build 07 FLHX 113 with Baisley HYBRID heads, TM650 cams, Boarzilla and Latus throttlebody gave 135/129tq (STD/5th gear). We were expecting/hoping for 140-145hp 130-135tq.

Checkout our huge inventory of Harley-Davidson Parts, Clothing and accessories.
http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com...-Parts-22.html

Old 02-12-2009, 03:34 PM
the_godfather1375

Between the 9B and the 408 what has been more successful for torque numbers? Also what about having my stock TB ported by baisley instead, would that work as well as the ported 50mm? Should i put larger injectors in? You mentioned that the fueling parts might hurt HP and TQ numbers, do you think i would be better off removing them? what makes the fueling oil pump harder to turn? What have you heard about LSR exhaust, or would D&D still be better? Thanks for all the info bud!!

Have Fun! Thanks again!

Old 02-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Note that I edited my earlier post while you were posting.

I would not remove the Fueling parts. It simply takes more hp to pump more oil. The fuleing pump moves substantially more oil. This helps cool the motor and outweighs the possible hp disadvantage. Having said that, I do believe there is a limit to how much oil we really need and the Race pump may exceed this. There can be too much oil, the fueling pump HAS to be larger on the scavenge side to evacuate the greater quantity of oil fed into the motor. You are pumping more oil in AND out, and this makes the larger gerotors work harder=hp losses. It simply takes more hp to pump more oil. IMHO! This is why some race cars use electric oil pumps, water pumps, etc.

The LSR pipes we've tested have not given good results. There are some dyno charts for them on this site. The D&D is a known and therfore tends to be the recommendation.

I would have Dan port the 50mm. He can improve the stock unit, but a ported 50 would be even better. I would go with Dans recommendations here.

Checkout our huge inventory of Harley-Davidson Parts, Clothing and accessories.
http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com...-Parts-22.html

Old 02-18-2009, 01:36 PM
the_godfather1375

mike if i do put the D&D Boarzilla exhaust on, would the perforated or quiet pipe be best for my application on the 07 FXDB? Thanks! Your Awesome!